Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Swimming





We spent last weekend in St. George with my family. It was really nice to spend several days together, and other than a short hike in Snow Canyon, and swimming, we just hung around the house. Swimming with Dallin is always eventful though - he thinks he can swim - and he can't. He is great at holding his breath and doesn't seem to be bothered when he inhales pool water, but Ryan and I can't relax. Right from the start Ryan had to jump in the pool with his clothes on to grab Dallin from under the water (and really it's like the 3rd or 4th time that has happened). I guess it's time for those survival swim lessons!

8 comments:

coryshay said...

Well, at least the kid is gutsy!! Doesn't let you relax though and you definitely need to! Looks like you had fun.

Shannon Martin said...

Kids seem to be either one way or the other. Thank goodness he is your kid because I am an awful swimmer, Dallin would be trying to save me! Dallin looks like you are ready for swim lessons this year!

Kallas Family said...

I have been waiting years to see Ryan in a swimming suit again. I feel so satisfied. Later

Taylor

kira said...

Just wait, you will be telling that story when he wins the olympics in the freestroke. Ella looks like she is having fun as well--she is SO cute. I love the pictures!

Katie said...

Hi Botts! I am so happy you have a blog! looks like you guys had fun in St. George...I'm jealous. We need a weekend get away.

PS We aren't moving to CA anymore so we might be your neighbors after all!

Jana said...

Where are the swimming pictures of the pregnant lady?

jlohran said...

Here's a thought-- maybe wear your swimsuit to the pool that way next time you don't have to jump in fully clothed-- I mean just a small suggestion.

Jana said...

I don't know if you even check your own blog anymore since you have given up so easily, but I wish you hadn't. I guess I can just look out the window and see what's going on in your life, or take 10 steps and knock on your door. Miss you in the blog world.